Certified Nurse Assistant
- Carmichael, Fair Oaks, Sacramento | California
With over 2,000 employees and 36+ properties in Northern California, Eskaton is a great company to join and build a solid career with. Learn more about us by visiting www.eskaton.org today!
Eskaton genuinely cares about the financial security, health and well-being of their staff members. Eskaton is a nonprofit senior services provider serving Northern California’s older adults for over 50 years. Through innovative approaches to health, housing and social services, Eskaton is Transforming the Aging Experience by offering life-enriching experiences and creating a culture of purposeful living. Well-being is the very center of our philosophy, and we express our belief that Age is Beautiful by celebrating the lives of older adults throughout the Eskaton family. In addition to competitive pay and comprehensive benefits that include a company-funded retirement program, Eskaton employees appreciate knowing their work makes a real difference in the community and in the lives they touch.
Our Benefits include but are not limited to...
EFFECTIVE JUNE 1 - AUGUST 31, 2021 SIGN ON BONUS OF $1500!
• Wellness programs and Employee Assistance Programs upon hire
• Health Plan, including dental and vision coverage
• Company paid life insurance
• Retirement Plan, 100% company funded / minimum account balance $4,000 (Minimum eligibility requirements apply)
• Paid Time Off programs
• Voluntary benefits & supplemental insurance available
• Employee discount program
This position is eligible for Eskaton's health benefits package the first of the month following 60 days of employment and Paid Time Off benefits program after 90 days of employment. Some benefits may not be applicable to on call or half time employees.
CNA positions available in these locations – all shifts:
Eskaton Care Center Manzanita – Carmichael, CA
Eskaton Care Center Fair Oaks – Fair Oaks, CA
Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven – Sacramento, CA
Eskaton Village Carmichael Care Center – Carmichael, CA
The Certified Nurse Assistant provides personal care, nursing assistance, and other assigned tasks to residents. This position provides direct resident care, assists in daily living activities, provides resident documentation and evaluation. Duties and assignments may be adjusted at the discretion of the supervising nurse or the Director of Nursing based on the evaluation of the resident's needs.
Position Responsibilities include:
• Provides or assists residents in bathing/showering/grooming/general hygiene/toileting.
• Makes beds, tidy rooms and keeps resident care areas in an organized manner.
• Assists residents in dressing when needed
• Provides safe resident transfers involving bed, wheelchair, chair and/or shower chair.
• Promotes independence in resident care as appropriate and demonstrates awareness of safety for both residents and the individuals providing care.
• Takes and records temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and respiration as required.
• Assists residents with simple range of motion or other exercises as directed by nurse or therapist
• Applies medical or adaptive devices as ordered by the appropriate supervising nurse.
• Makes rounds to ensure residents' safety, comfort, medical attention every hour or as required by the patient.
• Collects specimens as directed and completes the weighing of each resident as required.
• Sets up meal tray and assists with feeding as necessary.
• Participates in development of resident’s plan of care and follows current plan of care
• Promptly reports a change in conditions of residents.
• Demonstrates knowledge of standard infection control precautions and proper use of gloves, gowns, masks, eye protection and linen handling.
• High school graduation or G.E.D., preferred.
• Possession of a valid California Certified Nurse Assistant certification.
• Proficient ability to communicate orally and in writing
• Six months experience in providing personal care in a long term care facility preferred.
We follow CDC/CDPH guidelines.
The final candidates must successfully pass Eskaton's post offer, pre-employment testing which includes a criminal background check, drug test, COVID test, TB screen test and health screen.
Eskaton is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Certified Nurse Assistant