LPN - Charge Nurse 12 hour Shifts
- Tapestry Senior Living Wickliffe
- Wickliffe | Ohio
TITLE: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
SHIFT: FT Days 7am to 7pm; FT Evening 3pm to 11pm
Benefits: Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance; Shift Differential, 401K, PTO
DEPARTMENT: Resident Services
SUPERVISOR: Resident Services Director
This position will ensure that the health and safety of all residents are met. The LPN will assist the Resident Services Director with planning, coordinating, and managing the care service and act within the Assisted Living regulations. The LPN is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and monitoring of care service delivery under the direction of the Resident Services Director and/or Executive Director.
• Must be licensed with the State of employment as a LPN, and must maintain current and unencumbered licensure.
• Preferred 1+ years’ experience in related field.
• Have current CPR/First Aid certificate and maintain certification.
• Maintain professional CEU’s for license renewal.
Other Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
This position requires the incumbent to have:
• Possess a sensitivity and aptitude for working with the elderly.
• Possess skills to communicate effectively with those you supervise, residents, family members and Resident Services Director and/or Executive Director.
• Possess leadership/supervisory skills.
• Must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
• Able to work irregular hours, occasional weekends, some holidays and evenings.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS AND TASKS:
1. Work within Community guidelines including completing essential paperwork and complying with state regulations.
• Works to assure Community is in compliance with federal state and local standards and regulations.
• Works to maintain privacy and confidentiality of resident, resident’s records and resident living environments.
• Communicates and documents resident data to staff as needed.
• Assures residents maintain residency requirements, monitors and recommends alternative placement if necessary.
• Reviews resident service agreements with Resident Services Director, as needed.
• Monitors and maintains resident charts and nursing notes.
• Administers medication to residents, including oral, topical and injectable medications. Monitors blood sugar levels and administers insulin.
• Applies Jobst Stockings, administers and regulates oxygen, CPAP, as well as, casts, braces, or splints.
• Changes routine dressings that do not require packing or irrigation but are abrasions, skin tears, and closed surgical wounds.
• Communicates to physicians any changes in resident’s needs or conditions, as needed.
• Monitors and follows through with ordering medications and all medication renewals as well as any necessary follow-up with physicians regarding medications.
• Supervises assistance with self-administration by med-tech certified staff and checks new medications from the pharmacy.
• Communicates in staff communication book any information that staff needs to be aware of.
• Assists with compliance in meeting regulations and is available for state licensure surveys.
2. Provide support and address needs for programs and services.
• Maintain resident files and appropriate documents as required.
• Monitors residents on an ongoing basis to assure their needs can be met.
• Inform personnel of changes in resident’s needs and conditions.
• Assists care staff in service delivery.
• Maintains communication with residents, families, and other staff.
• Responds to resident concerns or complaints.
3. Participate and function effectively as a team member.
• Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with staff of the Community, including providing backup to other staff as needed.
• Articulate information regarding residents to the team.
• Be compassionate and work with tact and ethical awareness.
• Be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
• Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire drills and other emergency situations.
• Keeps Resident Services Director informed and involved and advised of needs and problems.
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
4. Other duties as assigned.
• Support the Mission, Vision and Values of the Community.
• Other duties as assigned by Resident Services Director and/or Executive Director.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Charge Nurse
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Floor Nurse