Caregiver/STNA/ Resident Assistant
- Tapestry Senior Living Wickliffe
- Wickliffe | Ohio
TITLE: Resident Assistant
Shifts: 2:30p-10:30p; 10:30p-6:30a
Sign On Bonus for FT 2nd and 3rd Shifts
DEPARTMENT: Resident Services
SUPERVISOR: Resident Services Director
This position is responsible for providing personal care and designated health-related services designed to maintain the client’s physical and emotional well-being for those residents living at the Community. This position assists residents with tasks of daily living as indicated on the Service Agreement, the Medication Administration Record (eMAR), and other services as delegated by the Resident Services Director and/or Executive Director.
• High School education and HHA Certificate preferred.
• Prior experience in working with older adults.
• Assisted living experience preferred.
This position requires the incumbent to:
• Possess a sensitivity and aptitude for working with the elderly.
• Prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
• Possess skills to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff and other customers.
• Possess the ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and documentation, including medical terminology, in English.
• Be punctual with a good attendance record.
• Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
• Understand how to use, carry and be responsible for the iPod while on duty.
Essential Position Functions and Tasks:
1. Provide personal and direct care to residents
• Assist residents with activities of daily living as indicated on their individual service agreement (including, but not limited to dressing, showering, grooming, toilet assistance and escorting).
• Assist residents with daily room order and light housekeeping.
• Assist residents with personal laundry duties, which may include ironing.
• Maintain a clean and healthy environment.
• Promote independence, not dependence, with residents offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
• Perform routine procedures as delegated by the Resident Services Director and/or Executive Director.
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
2. Documenting and reporting
• Document any changes in residents’ condition in the client chart and communication log. Report these changes to the Resident Services Director or LPN, if after-hours.
• Completes incident reports according to policy.
• Understands procedures regarding home care tasks and charting procedures when performing these tasks.
• Recognizing abnormal signs and symptoms, or changes in residents’ condition.
• Documenting duties completed with residents on the service delivery record during each shift (in Point of Care system).
3. Complete essential paperwork
• Filing papers in residents’ charts as instructed.
• Reviewing all new residents plan of care/ weekly service records and changes in current residents’ plan of care.
• Reading the communication book and checking associate bulletin board before the start of each shift (located by the time clock).
• Other documentation as assigned and/or needed.
4. Knowledge and compliance with state regulations
• Understand and adhere to the Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, Resident Bill of Rights and HIPAA.
• Works to assure Community follows federal, state and local standards and regulations.
• Complete required credit hours of documented training, as assigned by administration.
• Be up to date with completing Mantoux tests or chest x-rays.
5. Activity Programming
• Encourage, gather and/or escort residents to participate in scheduled activity programs.
• Lead activity programs as assigned.
• Socialize with residents and incorporate new ideas and client suggestions into programming.
6. Participate and function effectively as a team member
• Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with other unlicensed personnel, licensed personnel, housekeepers, nursing staff, kitchen staff and other Community associates.
• Provide back up to other staff as needed to ensure 24 hours staffing.
• Communicate information regarding residents’ care needs and changes to the team and families.
• Provide proactive and constructive participation in staff meetings.
• Be compassionate and work with tact and ethical awareness.
• Be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
• Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire, weather or emergency situations.
• Follow through promptly on requested duties.
• Assist kitchen staff at mealtimes with set up, serving and clean up.
• Provide on-the-job training for new associates.
• Must be mature and emotionally stable using a calm and kind tone of voice.
• The ability to remain calm in difficult or unusual circumstances.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Resident Assistant
- Nurse Aide