See all open positions HERE.
Why work at Parker Personal Care Homes and what can we offer you?
PPCH offers a diverse workplace community, opportunities for professional development, and an understanding of the importance of maintaining a work-life balance! At PPCH, people share each other's triumphs and challenges, and that is why we foster an atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration above all else. We provide extensive training and hands-on learning opportunities to our team members, allowing them limitless mobility within the organization. Our goal is to maintain a culture of positivity, innovation, and personal growth - all while providing outstanding service to our clients.
PPCH Mission: Our mission is to build an inclusive and supportive community for the people we serve, and we are doing just that, one individual at a time.
There is a Sign-On Bonus for this position!!
Position Description: Enhances the quality of life for people with intellectual or developmental disabilities living in independent apartments by providing meaningful services and supports. Assists in the implementation of an individual’s choices and pursuit of personal goals. Monitors and ensures the self-worth, health, safety, and welfare of individuals receiving services. Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and policies.
1. Supports the individual’s self-expression, self-worth, self-reliance, and decision making while following Service and Support Plans.
· Works in collaboration with, and as an essential member of support teams.
· Supports individuals’ dreams, relationships, and community connections.
· Assists individuals with activities of daily living based on their Service and Support Plan.
· Facilitates activities and social interactions that are based on the person’s interests and/or goals.
· Assists with medical appointments, which may include scheduling, transportation, and communication.
· Works continuously to improve services and supports.
2. Works to ensure that individuals receiving services are healthy, safe, and valued by others.
· Respects and listens to individuals receiving services.
· Assesses the living environment on a regular basis and reports concerns to supervisor.
· Provides supervision and assistance according to Service and Support Plans, regulations and policies, and individual needs.
· DSP may have ability to flex work schedule based on the day’s priorities and client’s needs.
3. Complies with PPCH, State, Federal, and other applicable guidelines and regulations.
· Completes all required training, including annual refreshers, according to established timelines.
· Is familiar with PPCH and other regulating agencies’ policies, procedures, and guidelines.
· Monitors, completes, and provides required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
· Promptly communicates and reports all behavioral incidents, medical emergencies, and/or significant incidents to appropriate agencies, teams, or individuals.
4. Maintains respectful and professional relationships with individuals receiving services, staff, guardians, family members, and team members.
· Maintains confidentiality of individuals receiving services and PPCH operations.
· Attends team meetings.
· Pursues partnerships and teamwork.
· Maintains effective communication with team members, supervisor and other departments.
· Gathers input from individuals receiving services and those who know and love them.
· Attends meetings and staffing’s as needed or requested.
Education and Training:
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Required training will be provided and must be successfully completed.
· Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities preferred.
· A minimum of one year using Microsoft Office or other software required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Effective listening skills, even when non-traditional communication is used.
· Ability to respectfully address significant issues of health and safety while supporting an individual’s choices.
· Ability to work independently and utilize effective decision-making skills
· Ability and willingness to complete required trainings and learn PPCH operations and systems.
· Valid Colorado driver’s license, and ability to meet PPCH’s driving requirements.
· Ability to adapt and be flexible while working with clients and when out in the field.
· This position requires multiple tasks to be done in a done and Individual should be able to demonstrate effective time management skills.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
· This position involves physically assisting others, including pushing/pulling individuals using wheelchairs, transferring individuals with mobility needs, and assistance with daily living skills.
· Lifting, moving, and transferring up to 75 pounds.
· Work is conducted in private homes and in the community.
· Driving throughout the Denver Metro area required on a regular basis.
PPCH endeavors to maintain wage equity across all employees with the same or comparable job titles. Relevant wage determinants for this position include: Seniority, Merit, Experience
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
PPCH is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, PPCH will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Bob Phillips, Chief Human Resource Officer, 303-424-6078 ext. 114.
Come be a part of our community and help us continue building it, one individual at a time!
Learn More About Us: http://www.parkerpch.com/about-us
Like & Follow Us: https://www.facebook.com/ParkerPersonalCareHomes
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!!